Did you know Americans watch the most TV? Of course, we do – with like 300 different networks and streaming services producing so many original shows it’d literally be impossible to find enough time to watch all of ’em.
But we’re gonna try. According to a study, people in North America watch more TV than anyone else in the world. We watch an average of four hours and three minutes a day, which is WELL above the worldwide average of just under three hours.
The study also found that American TV shows are the most popular worldwide. British shows are second. You can celebrate our achievement with some great new television.
Thursday, August 19, 2021
- The third season premiere of “Coroner” at 8:00 p.m. on the CW.
- The fourth season finale of “Beat Shazam” at 8:00 p.m. on Fox.
- The first season finale of “American Horror Stories” on FX on Hulu.
- The second season premiere of “Five Bedrooms” on Peacock.
- The stand-up special “Marlon Wayans: You Know What It Is”on HBO Max.
Tonight’s schedule also includes “Titans” on HBO Max, “Hart to Heart” on Peacock, and “The Good Fight” on Paramount+.
Late-Night Talk Shows:
- “Jimmy Fallon”– Octavia Spencer, Common, Black Thought, and Seun Kuti.
- “Jimmy Kimmel”– Tracee Ellis Ross, Simu Liu, and Yola join guest host Sean Hayes.
- “Stephen Colbert”– Sean & Dylan Penn and Crowded House.
- “James Corden”– Heidi Klum and Ed Sheeran. (Repeat)
- “Seth Meyers”– Cecily Strong and Patton Oswalt.