Here are some fun facts to help get you through the day and look like the most informed person at the water cooler.
– The surface area of the five Great Lakes combined is roughly the same size as the entire United Kingdom.
– There’s a fake McDonald’s in City of Industry, in Southern California, that’s just used for filming. Most of the McDonald’s ads you’ve seen were shot in that building.
– Thomas Jefferson was chosen to write the Declaration of Independence over Benjamin Franklin . . . because the other members of the committee were afraid Franklin would sneak in a joke.
– The best way to avoid going bald is . . . castration. As long as you have your testes removed BEFORE you start going bald, you won’t lose your hair. If you get them removed after you start losing hair, you won’t grow back what you lost.
– In the 1700s and 1800s, squirrels were popular pets.
Strange and trending news:
– The CIA has declassified 2.2 million pages of secrets about UFOs. (Full Story)
– A guy in Arkansas stabbed his brother during an argument over spreading the word of Jesus. (Full Story)
– King Tut’s remains are being moved to a new museum in Egypt . . . and some people are worried about moving his cursed body. (Full Story)
– Mountain Dew is working on a flavor inspired by “The Batman” movie called “Riddler’s Brew.” It looks like a blue-purple color. (Full Story)
– Klondike is releasing a new line of shakes that come in frozen pouches. (Full Story)