This certainly busts a lot of stereotypes: According to a new survey, MEN actually spend more time picturing their future wedding than women.
The survey found that men are 8% more likely than women to think about what the wedding would look like when they’re dating someone.
And here are a few more results from the survey . . .
- About seven out of 10 married people say they had a picture of their wedding in their head BEFORE they met their significant other.
- The top things people imagine are the location . . . their dress or suit . . . the food and drink . . . photos . . . and who they’re going to invite.
- And the most common words people use to describe wedding planning are exciting . . . memorable . . . and stressful.
And before you get married you get a LOT of advice about the wedding. You’ll ignore most of it, because that’s just human nature . . . so maybe this can be your guide of what you should actually listen to.
A new survey asked people what wedding advice they got that they wish they’d followed. And here are the top 10 answers . . .
- Relax and enjoy the day, 43%.
- Take more pictures, 35%.
- Stick to your budget, 30%.
- Pay more attention to the little details, 26%.
- Plan for the unexpected, 24%.
- Create a wedding album, 24%.
- Serve good food, 21%.
- Create a guestbook, 15%.
- Print a wedding book, 14%. (Note that this study was commissioned by a company that prints wedding books, which is why this is even on the list at all.)
- Save stationary and keepsakes, 14%.