Here are some fun facts to help get you through the day and look like the most informed person at the water cooler.
– Aviator sunglasses were created by Bausch & Lomb in the 1930s for the U.S. Army Air Corps.
– Paul McCartney wouldn’t let “Weird Al” Yankovic do a parody of “Live and Let Die” called “Chicken Pot Pie” . . . because he didn’t want to promote eating meat.
– There are more $2 bills in circulation right now than $100 bills.
– Kiribati is the only country in the world that’s in all four hemispheres. It’s made up of islands in the Pacific Ocean that are on both sides of the two lines that divide the world into hemispheres: The International Date Line and the equator.
– Al Pacino didn’t win an Oscar until his eighth nomination . . . Best Actor for “Scent of a Woman” in 1993. And he hasn’t been nominated since. Not even for his role in Adam Sandler’s “Jack and Jill”.
Strange and trending news:
– 80% of us get frustrated by technology at least once a day, according to a new survey. The top things that annoy us include Wi-Fi problems, slow downloads, trouble logging in, and low batteries. (Full Story)
– According to a new study, women perform much better than men when it’s warmer. So maybe, if the office were a little warmer, women would be running everything? (Full Story)
– A new survey by eHarmony asked single people what jobs make a person dating and relationship material. And the top five are: Doctor or nurse . . . teacher or professor . . . veterinarian . . . firefighter or police officer . . . and engineer or architect. (Full Story)
– Burger King posted a tweet yesterday that made it seem like they’re going to be paying off people’s student loans. They haven’t clarified any details yet . . . but tens of thousands of people have responded to the tweet hoping BK will pay off their debt. (Full Story)
got student loans? what's ur $cashtag?
— Burger King (@BurgerKing) May 22, 2019
– A small ice cream shop chain just launched a new SPINACH ICE CREAM in honor of Popeye’s 90th birthday. The reviews are . . . mixed. (Full Story)
– A guy in Connecticut who’s wanted for failure to appear made a deal with the cops that he’d turn himself in . . . if his wanted poster got 15,000 likes on Facebook. And it got there in less than one day. There’s no word yet on whether the suspect has followed through on his end of the deal. (Full Story)
***UPDATE*** We are getting a lot of inquiries as to if Mr. Simms has turned himself in yet. As of now he has not. We…
– A guy in Michigan refused to give his $1,700 Louis Vuitton man purse to an armed robber on Monday . . . even after the guy SHOT at him. Fortunately, the shots all missed . . . and the cops tracked down the robber and arrested him. (Full Story)
– A guy in Washington state accidentally shot himself in the JUNK last month. Then during surgery, a bag of drugs fell out of his no-go hole. And when he turned himself in a week later, cops strip-searched him and found MORE drugs up there. (Full Story)
– Cops in Florida tried to pull a guy over last week, but he wouldn’t stop. When he finally did, he said the delay was because he was, quote, “receiving sexual acts” from his passenger. The cops noticed she had crack rocks in her mouth and a crack pipe by her feet, so she was arrested for drug possession. (Full Story)
– A 29-year-old in New York named Frank Baez just got his nursing degree from NYU after working there as a janitor in high school to support his family. (Full Story)