Here are some fun facts to help get you through the day and look like the most informed person at the water cooler.
– Quaker Oats briefly owned a video game company from 1982 to 1983 that made Atari games. They released 14 of them, but nothing was even close to a hit, and they shut down the division.
– If the Sun exploded, it would take eight minutes and 20 seconds for all the energy to hit us . . . and kill us all.
– Indiana has 11 of the 12 largest high school basketball gyms in the country. The only one that’s not in Indiana is in Texas.
– The coldest inhabited place on Earth is a village called Oymyakon in Siberia, Russia. If you were to go outside naked on an average day, you’d freeze to death in one minute. Its record low temperature is negative 96 degrees Fahrenheit.
– John Tyler was 10th president of the U.S. from 1841 to 1845 and died in 1862. And believe it or not, he still has two living GRANDCHILDREN. They’re both in their 90s.
Strange and trending news:
– 57% of people say they’re brushing their teeth more now because wearing a mask has made them realize JUST how bad their breath actually is, according to a new survey. (Full Story)
– A quarter of parents still say they don’t know what’s happening with school this fall, according to a new survey. And only 8% say they’re not at all worried about how school is going to go this year. (Full Story)
– A new survey asked couples who were planning to get married in the next year: Would you rather shrink your guest list to have your wedding on time . . . or would you rather postpone things? 48% of people would rather shrink their list . . . 38% will try to wait out the pandemic. (Full Story)
– People on Reddit are sharing how they caught their significant other cheating on them. Some of the top stories are: “Went in for my yearly checkup and tested positive for chlamydia” and “My buddy works at a hotel and called me saying that my wife just checked in with another guy.” (Full Story)
– It’s the time of the year for “summer penis” . . . when the warm weather makes a guy’s junk look a little bigger. Some urologists believe it’s because blood vessels down there expand a little in the summer to regulate heat. (Full Story)
– Taco Bell is testing out “Crispy Chicken Wings.” Someone spotted them at a location in Southern California. They come with spicy ranch, and a box of five costs $5. It’s not clear when they might start selling them at other locations. (Full Story)
– A guy in Florida was arrested for felony battery recently, after he got into an argument with a 7-Eleven clerk over the price of a Slurpee . . . and slapped the cup out of her hand so it got all over her. (Full Story)