Did you know Americans watch the most TV? Of course we do – with like 300 different networks producing so many original shows it’d literally be impossible to find enough time to watch all of ’em.
But we’re gonna try. According to a study, people in North America watch more TV than anyone else in the world. We watch an average of four hours and three minutes a day, which is WELL above the worldwide average of just under three hours.
The study also found that American TV shows are the most popular worldwide. British shows are second.
You can celebrate our achievement with some great new television.
New TV Tonight:
- “NFL Preseason Football”at 8:00 p.m. Eastern on ESPN. The Indianapolis Colts host the Baltimore Ravens.
- “Carpool Karaoke: When Corden Met McCartney Live from Liverpool”at 8:00 p.m. on CBS. An hour-long special featuring unseen footage of James Corden’s carpool karaoke ride with Paul McCartney.
- “So You Think You Can Dance”at 8:00 p.m. on Fox. The Top 8 perform.
- “The 2018 MTV Video Music Awards”at 9:00 p.m. on MTV. Cardi B is opening the show, but there won’t actually be a host. The other performers include Travis Scott, Ariana Grande, Jennifer Lopez, Nicki Minaj, and Panic at the Disco. (Nominees)
Tonight’s schedule includes “American Ninja Warrior”, and “Bachelor in Paradise” at 8:00 p.m. . . . “Better Call Saul” at 9:00 . . . and “Elementary” 10:00 p.m.
Monday Late-Night Talk Shows:
- “Jimmy Fallon”– Ray Romano, Lauren Miller Rogen, and Leon Bridges. (Repeat)
- “Jimmy Kimmel”– Kanye West, and Awkwafina. (Repeat)
- “Stephen Colbert”– Michael Pena, CNN’s Jake Tapper, and Dua Lipa. (Repeat)
- “James Corden”– Orlando Bloom, Cate Blanchett, Niall Horan, and Andrew Lloyd Webber. (Repeat)
- “Seth Meyers”– Joel McHale, singer Beth Ditto, and comedian Nimesh Patel. (Repeat)
- “Trevor Noah”– Pre-empted.
- “Carson Daly”– William Zabka, comedian Jordan Klepper, and the music duo Sofi Tukker. (Repeat)
- “Conan”– 50 Cent, Jimmy O. Yang, and comedian Emmy Blotnick.