Did you know Americans watch the most TV? Of course, we do – with like 300 different networks and streaming services producing so many original shows it’d literally be impossible to find enough time to watch all of ’em.
But we’re gonna try. According to a study, people in North America watch more TV than anyone else in the world. We watch an average of four hours and three minutes a day, which is WELL above the worldwide average of just under three hours.
The study also found that American TV shows are the most popular worldwide. British shows are second. You can celebrate our achievement with some great new television.
Wednesday, August 25, 2021
- “America’s Got Talent” quarterfinals results at 8:00 p.m. on NBC.
- The 90-minute special “CMT Giants: Charley Pride” at 9:00 p.m. on CMT.
- “The $100,000 Pyramid”at 9:00 p.m. on ABC. Ana Gasteyer vs. Luke Kirby . . . and Ashanti vs. Clay Aiken.
- “Cribs” at 9:30 p.m. on MTV. Tia Mowry, Snooki, and Ryan Lochte.
- “Superstar: John Ritter” at 10:00 p.m. on ABC.
- The 10th season premiere of “American Horror Story” at 10:00 p.m. on FX.
- The one-hour 12th season premiere of “Archer” at 10:00 p.m. on FXX.
Tonight’s schedule also includes “Riverdale” at 8:00 p.m. . . . and “In the Dark” at 9:00 p.m.
Tonight’s Late-Night Talk Shows:
- “Jimmy Fallon”– Molly Shannon, Eugenio Derbez, and CHVRCHES.
- “Jimmy Kimmel”– Iliza Shlesinger, Symone, and Tai Verdes join guest host RuPaul.
- “Stephen Colbert”– Jason Sudeikis and Yola. (Repeat)
- “James Corden”– Bradley Whitford and Lorde.
- “Seth Meyers”– Michael Keaton, Teyonah Parris, and Chris Stapleton.