Did you know Americans watch the most TV? Of course, we do – with like 300 different networks and streaming services producing so many original shows it’d literally be impossible to find enough time to watch all of ’em.
But we’re gonna try. According to a study, people in North America watch more TV than anyone else in the world. We watch an average of four hours and three minutes a day, which is WELL above the worldwide average of just under three hours.
The study also found that American TV shows are the most popular worldwide. British shows are second. You can celebrate our achievement with some great new television.
Monday, August 23, 2021
- “Monday Night Football” at 8:00 p.m. Eastern on ESPN. The New Orleans Saints host the Jacksonville Jaguars in a preseason game.
- The series premiere of “Messyness” at 7:00 p.m. on MTV. A spinoff of “Ridiculousness”, hosted by Nicole “Snooki” Polizzi.
- The fourth season premiere of “Love & Hip Hop: Miami”at 9:00 p.m. on VH1.
- The series premiere of “The Ultimate Surfer”at 10:00 p.m. on ABC. Jesse Palmer is your host for this reality competition between 14 surfers. The winning male and female contestants will then go on to compete on a championship tour.
- The premiere of the limited series “The Unusual Suspects”on Hulu. A comedy heist drama starring Miranda Otto from “Homeland” and “Lord of the Rings”. A group of women come up with an elaborate plan to steal a $16 million necklace.
- The series premiere of “Born for Business” on Peacock. A reality series about four entrepreneurs with disabilities as they try to run their respective businesses.
- The series premiere of “Celebrity IOU: Joyride” on Discovery+. Car expert Ant Anstead helps celebrities design vehicular masterpieces for someone special in their lives. His first guest is Renee Zellweger, who he’s since started dating.
- “The Witcher: Nightmare of the Wolf” on Netflix. An anime prequel focusing on Geralt’s mentor, back when he was a young witcher. It stars Theo James from the “Divergent” movies as the voice of Vesemir. (Trailer)
Tonight’s schedule also includes “Roswell, New Mexico” at 8:00 p.m. . . . and “The Republic of Sarah” at 9:00 p.m.
Tonight’s Late Night Talk Shows:
- “Jimmy Fallon”– Kelly Clarkson, Yahya Abdul-Mateen II, and Bakar.
- “Jimmy Kimmel”– Snoop Dogg, Allyson Felix, and Nelly (with Breland & Blanco Brown) join guest host Stephen A. Smith.
- “Stephen Colbert”– Alan Alda and Gabriel Iglesias. (Repeat)
- “James Corden”– Jason Momoa and Lorde.
- “Seth Meyers” – Sean Penn and Sharon Horgan.