Did you know Americans watch the most TV? Of course we do – with like 300 different networks producing so many original shows it’d literally be impossible to find enough time to watch all of ’em.
But we’re gonna try. According to a study, people in North America watch more TV than anyone else in the world. We watch an average of four hours and three minutes a day, which is WELL above the worldwide average of just under three hours.
The study also found that American TV shows are the most popular worldwide. British shows are second. You can celebrate our achievement with some great new television.
- The two-hour 14th season finale of “America’s Got Talent”at 8:00 p.m. on NBC.
- The 10th season finale of “Masterchef”at 8:00 p.m. on Fox.
- The ninth season premiere of “American Horror Story”at 10:00 p.m. on FX.
- The first season finale of “Pearson”at 10:00 p.m. on USA.
- The first season finale of “South Side”in back-to-back episodes starting at 10:00 p.m. on Comedy Central.
Wednesday Late-Night Talk Shows:
- “Jimmy Fallon”- Dennis Miller, and pro gamer Tyler “Ninja” Blevins, who makes $500,000 a month playing “Fortnite”. Music Guest: Residente featuring Bad Bunny.
- “Jimmy Kimmel”- Zach Galifianakis, Lake Bell, and Fitz and the Tantrums.
- “Stephen Colbert”- Billy Crystal, and Thomas Rhett.
- “James Corden”- Kirsten Dunst, Billy Porter, and comedian Andrew Orolfo.
- “Seth Meyers”- Chelsea Handler, Sara Gilbert, and Tove Lo.
- “Trevor Noah”- Authors Jodi Kantor and Megan Twohey talk about their book “She Said: Breaking the Sexual Harassment Story that Helped Ignite a Movement”.
- “Conan”- “Scrapisode”.
- “David Spade”- Fred Armisen and comedians Jim Gaffigan and Sarah Tiana.
- “Lilly Singh”- Tracee Ellis Ross.
As for Daytime Talk Shows: “Kelly Clarkson” has an “American Idol” reunion with Ryan Seacrest, her runner-up Justin Guarini and all three original judges. Meanwhile, Katy Perry is on “Ellen”, Liv Tyler is on “The Talk”, Chelsea Handler is on “The View”, and Sara Gilbert is on “Kelly and Ryan”.