Here are some fun facts to help get you through the day and look like the most informed person at the water cooler…
Fun (or not-so-fun) Facts:
- Fishing is America’s second-most dangerous profession . . . after logging. Roofing is third.
- Velveeta was invented in the early 1900s when a cheese company needed to figure out something to do with broken wheels of Swiss cheese they couldn’t sell.
- Haribo’s green gummy bears are strawberry flavored.
- Jason Statham was once a world-class diver who competed as part of Britain’s national diving team in the 1990 Commonwealth Games.
- Up until 2015, every single beer label in the U.S. was approved by one man at the Treasury Department’s Tax and Trade Bureau.
(Fox Business / Mental Floss / Buzzfeed / Smooth Radio / Brew Bound)
Strange and trending news:
- Three guys stole a couple of baby seats from a Target in New York on Sunday. The police were called . . . and when a cop leaned into the car to try to arrest one of the men, they started driving away with the officer hanging out of the car. Thankfully, no one was hurt . . . and all three were arrested. (Full Story)
- Researchers say that people ARE willing to let robots help them work on their mental health . . . but NOT if they’re humanoids that look like people. (Full Story)
- A member of Middletown, Rhode Island’s affordable housing committee resigned because he can’t find affordable housing in the area. (Full Story)
- A mom on TikTok thought it would be a good idea to name her son after her beloved dog, who passed away just before she gave birth. (Full Story)
- University of Florida researchers recently discovered that “tequila worms” are actually moth larvae. (Full Story)
- This is mildly alarming: Soil samples taken from Mount Everest reveal that our coughs and sneezes are getting FROZEN up there . . . and can be preserved in the mountain’s ice for CENTURIES. (Full Story)
- Some guy flipped out after having “about three margaritas” at an airport and needed to be tased by police. (Full Story) (There’s profanity in the video.)