Here are some fun facts to help get you through the day and look like the most informed person at the water cooler…
Fun (or not-so-fun) Facts:
- The sport that causes the most testicular injuries among young men is . . . lacrosse.
- Abraham Lincoln gave a presidential pardon to a man who’d been convicted of attempted bestiality because the guy was drunk at the time. We’re not sure what animal he tried to have sex with.
- The fourth biggest city in Alaska is Wasilla, with a population of 9,054. But there are 381 cities in California that have more people.
- The Empire State Building makes more money from selling tickets to its observation deck than it does from renting out its office space.
- “Ice Ice Baby” wasn’t supposed to be Vanilla Ice’s first single. It was the B-side to his rap cover of “Play That Funky Music” . . . but since people didn’t really like that song, DJs flipped the record and started playing “Ice Ice Baby”
Strange and trending news:
- Today is Throw Out Your Leftovers Day.
- The media is freaking out about Christmas trees being more expensive this year. (Full Story) (But it’s not an inflation thing. They do this same report EVERY YEAR. Here are ones from 2021 . . . 2020 . . . 2019 . . . 2018 . . . 2017 . . .)
- The USPS is asking for volunteers to help make sure Santa has a chance to respond to every kid’s letter this year. (Full Story)
- Two guys are going viral . . . claiming they spent $3,200 on gear at Best Buy, but are CARRYING their items out to the car because they refused to spend 11 cents on a bag. They say charging for a bag is bad customer service, but in reality, it’s working as intended. It deterred them from taking an unnecessary plastic bag. (Full Story) (They even had a free hand to film themselves complaining.)
- There’s a list of the Top 20 things adults try and organize before December in preparation for Christmas, and it’s mostly focused on the big meal. (Full Story)
- A man in New Hampshire had his car stolen Friday morning while he was warming it up. (Full Story)
- Only 1-in-3 workers think their pay is fair. (Full Story)
- Hawaii’s Mauna Loa . . . the world’s largest active volcano . . . erupted for the first time since 1984. No communities are endangered at this point. (Full Story)