Here are some fun facts to help get you through the day and look like the most informed person at the water cooler…
Fun (and not-so-fun) facts:
- More than 36 million U.S. adults cannot read above a third-grade level.
- The original plan for the show“24” was a comedy about the day leading up to a wedding.
- America now has more people who speak Spanish than Spain. The only country in the world with more Spanish speakers than us is Mexico.
- In 1830, the average American drank three times more alcohol in a year than we do today.
- It’s impossible to buy a flight to Delaware. Frontier Airlines used to go to Wilmington New Castle Airport, but they dropped those routes in June. So now Delaware is the one state in the U.S. that you can only fly to on a private plane.
Strange and trending news:
- A restaurant in Singapore that has a $10 “screaming children surcharge” claims it’s been effective in keeping noise complaints to a minimum. (Full Story)
- A wife went online and asked if she overreacted when she flipped out on her husband for bathing their three-year-old using the TOILET BRUSH HOLDER as a cup to pour water on her. (???) He said he “rinsed it out” first. (Full Story)
- A list of items that restaurant workers say they’d NEVER order themselves includes: Appetizers, nachos, water with lemon, calamari and prawns, and “anything off of a buffet or salad bar.” (Full Story)
- Parents have ranked the Top 20 “family-friendly jobs.” The top three are: Counselling, childcare, and “health and social care.” (Full Story)
- Some churches are requiring members to install “shameware” apps to make sure people aren’t watching pornography or engaging in other “immoral activity.” (Full Story)
- A group of people ran by the outdoor seating at a restaurant in Brazil, and the customers freaked out and scattered because they thought they were robbers. But it was just a CrossFit exercise group. (Full Story) (Here’s video.)
- There’svideo online of a Philadelphia Wawa being ransacked . . . and while it’s happening in the background, a woman at the deli counter says, “Are y’all gonna make the sandwiches or are y’all just gonna keep recording?” The employee said, “Uh . . . It’s going to be a while.”