Here are some fun facts to help get you through the day and look like the most informed person at the water cooler…
Fun (and not-so-fun) facts:
- Jimi Hendrix wrote his classic song “The Wind Cries Mary” following an argument with his girlfriend, whose middle name is Mary after she cooked him lumpy mashed potatoes.
- Wilt Chamberlain scored 60 points or more 32 times in his NBA career. No one else has ever done it more than five times. The two guys who HAVE done it five times are Michael Jordan and Kobe Bryant.
- There’s no evidence that real Vikings ever wore helmets with horns on top.
- The second-biggest stadium in the world is Rungrado 1st of May Stadium in Pyongyang, North Korea. It has over 114,000 seats. The biggest is the Narendra Modi Stadium in India, which has a capacity of 132,000. (Other stadiums have had bigger one-time events, but based on regular capacity, these are the top two.)
- The second verse of the “Macarena” is about a woman who has sex with her boyfriend’s friends while he’s out of town.
Strange and trending news:
- A man in South Carolina is trying to break his own speed record, by driving a GOLF CART 150 miles per hour. (Full Story)
- 61% of people think they have a good poker face. The top “tells” are: Fidgeting with poker chips and sitting up straight when you have a good hand. (Full Story)
- A man in Ireland found a “semi-naked man” asleep . . . on the roof of his car. He was “discombobulated,” but it’s unclear what his deal is. (Full Story)
- Massachusetts tops a new list of the Best States to Live In. New Jersey is second if you can believe that. Poor Mississippi is dead last. (Full Story)
- Police in Ohio shut down an eight-year-old’s lemonade stand . . . because she failed to get a permit. It isn’t all their fault though. She had set it up near a food festival, and some of the vendors complained. (Full Story)
- A couple in Oregon freaked out when their dogs tore up a winning lottery ticket. They submitted it anyway . . . and they WILL get their money. They won $8.00. (Full Story)