2 dead after fleeing suspects cause crash in Warsaw

WARSAW, Ind. (ADAMS) – Two people are dead and two others are in serious condition after a crash in Warsaw was caused by a pair that were running from police.
According to Indiana State Police, it happened just before 9:30 Saturday night.

Courtesy: Indiana State Police

Courtesy: Indiana State Police

An Indiana State Trooper was responding to a theft that allegedly had occurred at the Meijer located at 1200 Lake City Highway in Warsaw, IN.

The trooper saw a vehicle that matched the description of the suspect vehicle and attempted to stop it. The suspect vehicle fled eastbound on US 30 and drove through a red light at the intersection of US 30 and Parker Street, crashing into three other vehicles. The two occupants of the suspect vehicle were pronounced deceased at the scene by the Kosciusko County Coroner. Two people in one of the vehicles struck by the fleeing vehicle were seriously injured and transported to a Fort Wayne hospital.
No other serious injuries were reported.

US 30 was shut down to eastbound traffic for crash reconstruction.

This is an ongoing investigation. Names of the deceased will be released pending family notification.

Anyone that may have witnessed this incident are asked to call First Sergeant Kevin Smith at the Indiana State Police Ft. Wayne Post at 260-432-8661.


The driver of the suspect vehicle, a white 2003 Pontiac Grand Am, has been identified as Jacob Slone, age 19 of Warsaw, IN, and the passenger has been identified as Paige Jefferson, age 16 of Warsaw, IN.  Both were pronounced deceased at the scene by the Kosciusko County Coroner.  Family has been notified. 

Injured in the crash was the driver of a silver 2017 GMC, Miguel Linares Jr., age 34 of Bloomfield Hills, MI and his passenger, 35 year old Nora Linares, also of Bloomfield Hills, MI.  Miguel Linares suffered critical and potentially life-threatening injuries.  Nora Linares suffered injuries believed to be serious but not life-threatening.  Both are still being treated at Parkview Hospital in Ft. Wayne. 

The crash reconstruction investigation remains ongoing and will take several weeks to be completed.